Servings: 8 Prep 5 mins Cook 3 mins to 5 mins Bake 375°F 18 mins to 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (about 4 ounces)
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cranberries; cook until onion is softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in medium-size bowl. Mix in the onion mixture, including the oil left in the skillet. Stir in egg and milk to make loose batter. Scrape batter into 8 x 8 x 2-inch square metal baking pan, coated with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely. (Can be made a day ahead and kept, tightly wrapped, at room temperature.)
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 148, Fat, total (g): 5, chol. (mg): 29, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 197, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.