Servings: 4 Yield: 5 cups Active Time 25 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 15 ounce can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil in a large pot over medium-high. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the beef and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with your spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the tomato paste until well incorporated. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning and paprika and bring mixture to a boil. Add the macaroni, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered and stirring often, until the noodles are tender and the sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Stir in salt. Spoon into bowls and top with cheddar cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 386, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 60, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 38, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 12, pro. (g): 27, vit. A (IU): 2125, vit. C (mg): 32, sodium (mg): 794, Potassium (mg): 552, calcium (mg): 153, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.