Servings: 15 Yield: 150 crackers Prep 40 mins Chill 30 mins Bake 350°F 8 mins to 10 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashined oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place the first 7 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine. Mix in the butter, then add the egg, molasses, and vanilla and pulse until the dough forms into a ball. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick and cut using 1 1/2-inch animal shape cookie cutters, like Wilton's Mini Noah's Art Set. Place cutouts on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies are set and starting to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Store at in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.
- We used Wilton Mini Noah's Ark Metal Cookie Cutters: http://www.amazon.com/kitchen-dining/dp/B00076TPN0
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 15; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 167, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 29, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 24, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 3, vit. A (IU): 207, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 32, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 80, Potassium (mg): 75, calcium (mg): 36, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.