Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Stand 15 mins Chill 1 hr
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 pounds tomatoes, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cups diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a bowl, cover bread slices with cold water; let stand 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze water from bread.
2. In a food processor, combine tomatoes, sweet red pepper, 1 cup of the cucumber, the onion, garlic and 1/2 cup cold water. Process until very finely chopped. Add bread, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
3. Transfer to a resealable container and chill for 1 hour. Garnish gazpacho with remaining 1/4 cup cucumber and, if desired, drizzle with additional olive oil and vinegar.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 194, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 19, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 597, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.