Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. In a medium saucepan melt 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add rice and 1 teaspoon garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add stock, 1/2 cup water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in peas and lemon zest.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add remaining garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add shrimp and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until opaque, 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/2 tablespoon butter. Cook 1 minute more and serve with pilaf.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 346, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 198, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 43, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 28, vit. A (IU): 1104, vit. C (mg): 10, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 89, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 554, Potassium (mg): 397, calcium (mg): 94, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.