Servings: 12 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Cook 18 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds beef brisket, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups cooked Texmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cotija cheese
- Chopped scallion and red onion for garnish (optional)
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onions and garlic; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place in slow cooker. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil and the brisket to skillet; cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, until browned. Place in slow cooker.
3. Stir in green peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt and cayenne.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
5. Serve with rice and Cotija. Garnish with scallion and onion, if using.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 451, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 92, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 41, sodium (mg): 865, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.