- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine beans, sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, honey, egg, coconut oil, 1/2 tsp. of the vanilla, salt and baking powder. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and fold in the melted chocolate until a smooth, paste-like mixture forms.
3. Drop 2 Tbs. batter onto a prepared pan and gently spread the batter to form a 2-inch round. Repeat with the remaining batter, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies lose their sheen and crack slightly. Let cool on a wire rack.
4. In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the powdered sugar, milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Beat until smooth.
5. Just before serving, sandwich 1 Tbs. cream cheese filling between 2 cookies. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 291, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 35, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 45, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 31, pro. (g): 5, vit. A (IU): 222, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 5, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 324, Potassium (mg): 169, calcium (mg): 54, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.