Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet green pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds tomatoes, cored, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground hot red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (pignoli), toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat oil in large nonaluminum saucepan. Add onion and green pepper; reduce heat to low; cook until very tender, 10 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, pineapple, raisins, sugar, vinegar, salt, ginger, allspice and red pepper to saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until chutney has thickened, about 1 hour.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts and parsley. Let cool. Refrigerate until serving. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 27, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): , carb. (g): 5, fiber (g): 36, pro. (g): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.