Yield: 2 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In medium-size nonreactive saucepan, combine vinegar, the 1/2 cup sugar, the ginger, red onion, garlic and cayenne. Bring to a simmer; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
2. Add cranberries, pineapple with syrup, and salt. Return to simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes, until cranberries are softened.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Spoon into glass bowl; let cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 103, Fat, total (g): , chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): , sodium (mg): 147, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.