Yield: 1 cup Prep 10 mins Cook 7 mins
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, and cut up (Pink Lady, Fugi, or Gala)
- 1/4 cup shelled, halved walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Place apples and walnuts in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until apples are fork tender.
2. Place apples, walnuts, cinnamon, and 3 tablespoons water from steamer in a food processor. Cover and process for 3 minutes or until smooth. Cool and serve. Makes 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 95, Fat, total (g): 5, carb. (g): 14, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 49, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 8, sodium (mg): 1, Potassium (mg): 130, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.