1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 8-inch and one 9-inch round cake pan. Line bottom of pans with wax paper. Grease and flour pans again.
2. In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In large bowl, with mixer on high, beat softened butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each. In small bowl, combine milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low; add flour mixture to large bowl, alternating with milk mixture until combined. Stir in toffee bits.
3. Divide batter between pans, and smooth tops. Bake 8-inch cake 40 minutes and 9-inch cake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer cakes to wire rack, and cool 10 minutes. Invert and cool completely.
4. Cut a 2-1/2-inch slice from edge of 8-inch cake and a 2-inch slice from edge of 9-inch cake. Cut 2-inch slice in half for neck.
5. Spread chocolate frosting on top of 9-inch cake. Place the small cake on top, lining up cut sides. Stand cake up, cut side down, on cake platter. Frost back and side of 9-inch cake with chocolate frosting. Attach 2-1/2-inch slice of trimmed cake, cut side down, behind frosted cake.
6. Tint vanilla frosting with orange coloring and a hint of brown coloring. Frost back wedge and smaller cake in front, spreading frosting in even lines from top to bottom. Attach half of 2-inch slice to center of orange-frosted cake. Cover with chocolate frosting to make neck, and place snack cake on top for head. Secure with wooden skewer; frost.
7. Cut all but three vanilla cookies in half. Heat remaining orange frosting in microwave 2 minutes, or until texture resembles whipped cream. To make hat, coat cone with frosting and sprinkle with orange sugar. Set cone on wax paper to dry. Dip the rounded ends of all cookies in orange frosting and then in sugar. Set cookies aside to dry, about 5 minutes.
8. Insert toothpicks into cut end of cookies, and attach across top edge of chocolate cake for feathers. Place remaining whole cookies in back of cake as tail feathers. Arrange smaller candy corn on cake against cookies and large candy corn on top of orange-frosted cake.
9. Trim one candy corn; attach to cone as buckle on hat. Cut fruit leather into three equal pieces, and press together, overlapping. Trim to make wattle. Using frosting, attach eyes to face.