This old-fashioned nut cake is generously filled with pecans. Be sure to chop them finely so they spread evenly throughout the cake.
1. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
2. With an electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar. Beat until very light and fluffy. In a bowl, beat yolks for 5 minutes, until thick; fold into sugar mixture.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, salt onto parchment or waxed paper; alternately add to yolk mixture with cream and vanilla. Fold in pecans.
4. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until they form stiff but not dry peaks. Fold into batter; spread into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour, 10 minutes, or until cracked slightly. Cool cake in pan. Remove from pan; spoon on Sugar Glaze. Top with pecan halves.Sugar Glaze:
6. Combine 1 cup confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl. Add about 5 teaspoons milk to make a thick, pouring consistency.