These holiday cakes sparkle with red and green candied cherries. Brushing the cakes with melted marmalade and brandy keeps them moist.
1. Coat two mini fluted cupcake or muffin (Bundt) pans (12 indentations each pan, each indentation 2-1/2 inches in diameter) with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly dust with flour.
2. Combine the containers of cherries and 1/2 cup brandy in bowl; let stand for 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
3. Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
4. Combine flour and salt in bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the flour mixture over cherry mixture; toss to coat well.
5. Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl on high speed 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour mixture until smooth. Pour over cherry mixture; fold together just until well blended. Spoon slightly rounded 1/4 cup batter into each cake indentation. Pour water into any empty cups.
6. Bake in 300 degrees F oven about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pans to racks; let cool.
7. Heat 2 tablespoons brandy and marmalade in saucepan until bubbly. Press through sieve into bowl. Brush on cakes. Let cool. Garnish with whipped cream and additional candied cherries, if desired.