Servings: 6 Yield: 8 cups Start to Finish 20 mins
- 1 pound dried penne pasta
- 1 cup packed fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- 1 large bunch chives, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add the pasta and cook until just tender according to the package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the parsley, chives, walnuts, and garlic and pulse a few times to create a coarse paste. With the machine running, pour the olive oil through the feed tube until the mixture becomes a smooth puree. Add half of the Parmesan and puree until just combined. Season with pepper.
3. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Toss with the pesto. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese to serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 427, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 6, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 59, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 4, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 14, vit. A (IU): 1261, vit. C (mg): 18, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 208, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 113, Potassium (mg): 281, calcium (mg): 117, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.