Servings: 3 Prep 20 mins Total Time 35 mins
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked black forbidden rice
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon (6 to 8 slices), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup shaved or finely grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a medium-size pot with a lid, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add the rice, lower heat to low, cover, and cook until it has absorbed the water, 25 to 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, fry bacon pieces, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. When bacon is almost done cooking, add kale and cook for 5 minutes, until kale has softened.
3. Divide rice among three bowls. Make a little well in the middle of each one, spoon kale-bacon mixture into the well, and then top with the cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 3; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 407, Fat, total (g): 19, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 1384, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.