Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 1 pound beef flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup instant polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush the steak with 4 tsp. oil, and season with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper to taste. Cook, turning once, about 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring 3 cups of water and 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil. Whisk polenta into the boiling water; reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in the cheese and a dash of pepper.
3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tsp. oil and the vinegar. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Add the tomatoes and toss to coat. Thinly slice the steak; serve with the polenta and tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 367, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 79, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 23, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 30, vit. A (IU): 847, vit. C (mg): 12, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 8, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 29, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 721, Potassium (mg): 621, calcium (mg): 123, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.