Prep 15 mins Cook 12 mins
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds lean beef flank steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices against the grain
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 pound thin green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
1. In a small bowl, whisk together broth, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, five-spice powder and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok. Season flank steak with salt and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil; add onion, broccoli, green beans and carrot. Stir-fry 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add 1/4 cup water during last 2 minutes of cooking time and cover.
3. Add broth and soy sauce mixture; bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, until thickened. Stir in beef and any accumulated juices and heat through.
4. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately over cooked brown rice.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 388, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 556, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.