Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cool 2 hrs Grill 14 mins
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 11/2-inch chunks
- 2 orange sweet peppers, cored, seeded and cut into 11/2-inch pieces
- 16 large scallions, trimmed, and bottom third (root end) of each sliced into two 21/2-inch pieces
1. In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, canola oil, soy sauce, five-spice powder and sesame oil. Stir in scallions and ginger.
2. In a resealable plastic bag, toss chicken and peppers with 3/4 of the marinade. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
3. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Thread marinated chicken and peppers, as well as large sliced scallions, on eight 10-inch skewers. Brush skewers with remaining marinade. Grill on mediumhigh heat for 7 minutes, flip and grill another 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 333, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 82, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 8, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 792, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.