Servings: 4 Prep 12 mins Start to Finish 45 mins
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated radish (from 6 small radishes)
- 1 11 ounce package frozen fish sticks
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 French rolls
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (optional)
FOR KALE CHIPS
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 6 cups kale, cleaned, dried, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1. In a bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, sugar, and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves. Mix with shredded carrots and grated radish. Set aside.
2. Bake fish sticks according to package directions.
3. Spread 1 Tbs. mayonnaise on the bottom slice of each roll. Top with about 5 slices of cucumber. Place 3 or 4 fish sticks on top of cucumber; top with the carrot slaw. If desired, add a few cilantro leaves.
4. To make the kale chips, heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with nonstick foil.
5. Combine olive oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Drizzle over kale and toss to coat.
6. Spread onto baking sheets, making sure not to crowd or overlap the kale. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until kale is crispy. Cool and serve with sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 447, Fat, total (g): 23, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 49, fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 831, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.