Build the Board:
- Tortilla Stars and Stripes (recipe below)
- Cheddar and Tomato firecrackers (recipe below)
- Red, White, and Blue Pretzels (recipe below)
- 4 cups blue corn chips
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 8 ounces strawberries, halved
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 8 sweet mini red peppers, halved
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls drizzled with 1 Tbs. olive oil and topped with crushed red pepper (optional)
Make It Tortilla Stars and Stripes:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons lime juice. Use a 3-inch star cookie cutter to cut star shapes out of 3 large flour tortillas. Cut any scraps into 1/2-inch thick stripes. Brush both sides with the oil mixture and transfer to a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Bake, flipping half-way through, until just starting to turn golden, about 8 minutes. Cheddar and Tomato Firecrackers:
2. Slice an 8-oz rectangular block of white cheddar cheese into 16 slices, then cut out stars using a 1-inch star cookie cutter. Reserve scraps for another use. Skewer 64 small cherry or grape tomatoes onto 16 small (6 to 8-inch) bamboo skewers and finish with a cheddar star. Red, White, and Blue Pretzels:
3. Melt 4 oz white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments of 50% power until melted. Working with one pretzel at a time, dip two heaping cups of mini pretzels into the chocolate, tapping off the excess. Transfer to parchment paper, scatter sprinkles of the chocolate and let stand until chocolate is set.
Tip Offer Kids A Choice
- Give finicky eaters the liberty of filling their own plate from this mostly savory spread.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 562, Fat, total (g): 34, chol. (mg): 41, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 51, Monounsaturated fat (g): 9, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 8, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 21, pro. (g): 14, vit. A (RE): 133, vit. C (mg): 83, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 53, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 772, Potassium (mg): 566, calcium (mg): 383, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.