Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on HIGH or LOW for 8 hrs
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup tomatillo salsa (such as Frontera)
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15.5 oz) butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced scallions, lime wedges and sour cream (optional)
1. Combine broth, salsa, green pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt in slow cooker. Crumble in ground pork and beef; mix. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
2. Break up meat with a wooden spoon if necessary. Stir in beans and cilantro. Garnish with sliced scallions, lime and sour cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 306, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 78, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 24, sodium (mg): 696, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.