Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 12 ounce bag Pennsylvania Dutch fine egg noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 2 cups seafood stock (such as Kitchen Basics)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
1. In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil on medium-high. Add noodles and stir with tongs until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, smoked paprika, salt and, if desired, saffron. Cook 1 minute. Pour in 11/2 cups of the seafood stock. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium and cook 4 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and pasta is tender. (If noodles seem too dry, add remaining 1/2 cup seafood stock.) Stir in chopped parsley.
2. Serve immediately, garnishing with additional parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 578, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 320, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 59, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 744, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.