- 8 ounces dried fettuccine
- 1 pound uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large bowl. combine the turkey, 1/4 cup of the onion, the breadcrumbs, 2 Tbs. Parmesan, 1/8 tsp. salt, and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined; roll the turkey mixture into thirty-six 1-inch balls. Transfer meatballs to a baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1/4 cup onion and the garlic. Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the tomatoes and remaining 1/8 tsp. salt plus pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the reserved pasta to the tomato sauce, and toss to combine; heat through. Serve the pasta topped with the meatballs, basil, and additional Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 341, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 33, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 43, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 28, vit. A (IU): 407, vit. C (mg): 14, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 116, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 402, Potassium (mg): 513, calcium (mg): 106, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.