Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Cook fettuccine following package directions, about 10 minutes. Add peas and red pepper during last minute of cooking. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine half-andhalf, cream, butter, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer; gradually whisk in cream cheese and take off heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the Parmesan.
3. Place drained pasta mixture in a large bowl and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- Replacing some of the butter with light cream cheese reduces fat.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 412, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 96, sat. fat (g): 11, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 655, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.