- 2 pounds lamb stew meat, cut in 1-inch chunks, trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (optional)
- 2 tablespoons purchased Moroccan seasoning (ras-al-hanout), such as McCormick Gourmet Moroccan Seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 4 cups cooked Israeli couscous
- Sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. In a large bowl combine the lamb chunks, pomegranate molasses (if using), Moroccan seasoning, salt, orange zest, and lemon zest. MAKE IT FAST
2. Place the onion and garlic in a 6-qt. electric or stove-top pressure cooker. Pour in the beef broth. Stir in the lamb mixture. Lock lid in place. Set electric cooker on high pressure to cook 25 minutes. For stove-top cooker, bring up to pressure over medium-high heat according to manufacturer's directions; reduce heat enough to maintain steady pressure. Cook 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure. Open lid carefully. Serve with couscous, almonds, and mint, if using. MAKE IT SLOW
3. Place the onion and garlic in a slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth. Stir in the lamb mixture. Cook for 6 to 7 hours on low or 3 to 3 1/2 hours on high or until lamb is tender. Serve with couscous, almonds, and mint, if using.
- Can't find Moroccan seasoning? You can make your own homemade Moroccan seasoning by combining 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp. ground ginger, 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground coriander, 1/2 tsp. ground allspice, 1/8 tsp. ground cloves, and 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 393, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 98, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 37, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 37, vit. A (IU): 31, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 9, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 41, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 4, sodium (mg): 392, Potassium (mg): 522, calcium (mg): 42, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.