Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Chill 2 hrs Cook 50 mins
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup dark cherry balsamic vinegar (such as Lucini)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sweet cherries (about 20), pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1. Combine farro, 3 cups water and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a medium lidded pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook 50 minutes or as per package directions. Drain and pour into a bowl.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together 2 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar, the honey, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper in a medium bowl. In a slow stream, whisk in olive oil until well combined. Pour over hot, drained farro. Mix well and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Stir in chicken, cherries, almonds, mint, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 460, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 60, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 49, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 722, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.