Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 15 mins Grill 10 mins Stand 5 mins
- 1 cup quick-cook farro
- 1 pound flatiron steak
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pkg (5 oz) baby spinach
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes (combination of red, yellow, orange and green), cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a medium pot, combine farro and 3 cups water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Season steak on both sides with 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/8 tsp of the pepper. Grill over medium-high heat 5 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, mustard, 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/8 tsp of the pepper.
3. Thinly slice steak against the grain. Toss in bowl with cooked farro, spinach, tomatoes, shallots, blue cheese and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 480, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 90, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 51, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 760, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.