Servings: 4 Yield: 12 meatballs Prep 25 mins Bake 450°F 25 mins Stand 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup tortilla chip crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with the tablespoon of olive oil; set aside.
2. Chop the green pepper, red pepper, and onion very finely, using a mini food processor.
3. In a large bowl mix together the peppers, onion, ground beef, egg, tortilla chip crumbs, chili powder, and black pepper. Form into 12 2-inch meatballs and place them snugly into the prepared pan in rows, making sure the balls are touching. Bake for 25 minutes or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Let rest in the pan for five minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 332, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 120, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 13, Monounsaturated fat (g): 9, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 26, vit. A (IU): 891, vit. C (mg): 35, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 28, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 3, sodium (mg): 165, Potassium (mg): 507, calcium (mg): 54, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.