Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Bake 425°F 25 mins
- 8 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk (1 percent)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices multigrain bread, cubed
- 8 ounces precooked reduced-fat turkey sausage, removed from casings and crumbled OR: turkey meatballs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Lightly beat together egg whites and whole eggs in bowl. Stir in milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
3. Toss together bread, sausage and sage in large bowl. Transfer to baking dish. Top with apples. Slowly pour egg mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes or refrigerate for up to 10 hours. If refrigerated, remove strata to counter for 30 minutes before baking.
4. Bake, covered, in 425 degree F oven for 10 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes or until set and top is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 239, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 120, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 19, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 777, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.