Makes: 2 loaves (16 slices each) at 96o each. Prep: 30 minutes. Rise: 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Bake: at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
1. Combine 1 cup bread flour, 1 cup all-purpose flour, the yeast, sugar and salt in large bowl.
2. Heat water and butter in small saucepan until butter melts. Let cool to 120 degrees F to 130 degrees F. Add to flour mixture; beat with wooden spoon until combined. Beat in 3 eggs. Add remaining flours, 1 cup at a time, until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
3. Transfer to floured work surface. Knead 8 to 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic, adding a little flour as needed to prevent sticking. Place in well-greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover with clean kitchen towel. Let rise in warm place until doubled in volume, about 1-1/2 hours.
4. Grease two 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-5/8-inch loaf pans. Gently punch dough down. Let rest for 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape 2 pieces into two 7 x 3-inch loaves; transfer one loaf to bottom of each loaf pan.
5. Roll each of the remaining 2 pieces of dough into an approximately 12-inch rope. Cut each rope into 12 equal pieces. With floured hands, shape pieces into balls. Place half of balls on top of dough base in each pan, sides touching. Cover loaves with clean kitchen towel. Let rise until doubled in volume, 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
6. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Lightly beat the remaining egg in a small bowl just to blend together. Brush evenly over the tops of the risen loaves, being careful not to deflate dough.
8. Bake in 375 degrees F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until tops of loaves are golden and hollow-sounding when lightly tapped on top. Remove loaves from pans, running knife around the edges to separate, if they stick to the sides of pan. Cool breads on wire racks.