Servings: 4 Yield: servings, plus enough sauce for another meal Prep 15 mins Cook 5 mins Slow Cook 5 hrs on HIGH
- 6 ounces turkey bacon, chopped
- 3 medium shallots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small pkg (8 oz) pappardelle
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Place turkey bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
2. Combine turkey bacon, shallots, celery, carrots, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, red wine, black pepper and salt in slow cooker. Crumble in ground beef and gently stir together.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 1/2 hours.
4. Just before serving, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta per package directions for al dente. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Stir heavy cream and 3 tbsp of the Parmesan into sauce in slow cooker. Place half the sauce (3 cups) in a resealable container, cool and freeze for another meal. Spoon remaining 3 cups sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 3 tbsp Parmesan.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 470, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 146, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 803, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.