Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 16 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds thin boneless pork chops, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 apple-flavored fully cooked chicken sausages (such as Al Fresco), cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 1 16 ounce bag cole slaw mix
- 1 12 ounce bottle dark beer
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and season with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through, turning once. Remove to a plate and set aside.
2. Add onion and sausage to skillet and cook 5 minutes; add beer and scrape up any browned bits from pan. Stir in cole slaw mix, vinegar, brown sugar, caraway seeds and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add reserved pork to pan and heat through. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Substitute large cleaned shrimp for scallops and cut cooking time in sauce by 1 minute. Swap blanched frozen cut Italian green beans for the peas.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 458, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 143, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 23, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 45, sodium (mg): 779, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.