- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 4 1/2 - 5 pound whole broiler chicken
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a 2-gallon zip-top bag, combine the paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Seal and shake.
2. Rinse chicken body cavity; pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in bag with spice mixture. Seal and shake to evenly coat the chicken.
3. Remove chicken from bag. Skewer neck skin to back, tie legs to tail, and twist wing tips under back. Insert a meat thermometer into center of an inside thigh muscle. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
4. Roast, uncovered, for 75 to 90 minutes or until drumsticks move easily in sockets and chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Remove chicken from oven. Cover; let stand for 10 minutes. Drizzle with honey before carving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 342, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 171, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 13, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 53, vit. A (IU): 950, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 16, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 18, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 445, Potassium (mg): 553, calcium (mg): 62, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.