Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Freeze 4 hrs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 18 ounce bottle OR: 2-1/4 cups tropical fruit or passionfruit juice
- 1 container (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1. Freeze can of pineapple for 4 hours or overnight.
2. Remove can from freezer. Rinse can under warm, running water for 2 minutes. Remove both ends of can; push frozen pineapple out onto cutting board. Slice into chunks; transfer to blender. Add fruit juice, yogurt, banana, peeled and cut into chunks, and ginger. Blend until thick and smooth. Pour into glasses. Garnish with pineapple wedges and mint. Makes 6 drinks.
Variation For Pina Colada Passion, add a coconut-y twist:
- Omit the banana and ginger. Replace the yogurt with 1 pint coconut sorbet; add 1 tablespoon lime juice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 160, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.