- 1/2 of 1 container (21 ounces) guava paste, about 3/4 cup (see Note)
- 1 cup light rum
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) club soda or seltzer
- 2 - 4 drops red food coloring
- 10 cups ice
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
1. Place guava paste, rum, lime juice and sugar in a blender. Puree until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add mint leaves; pulse on and off until mint leaves are chopped but not smooth.
3. Transfer mixture to a large pitcher; stir in seltzer. Tint slightly pink with red food coloring. Add ice and serve chilled.
- This jellylike paste of tart-sweet tropical fruit works well with cheese; pureed, it lends body to sauces. To rim the glasses with sugar, rub lime slice around glass edge. Place colored sugar on a small plate; invert glass into sugar, pressing to coat rim.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 201, Fat, total (g): , chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 33, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): , sodium (mg): 27, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.