1. Heat oven to 450 degrees .
2. In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, salt, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne. Brush ribs with oil and season with smoked paprika mixture.
3. Place ribs in a large roasting dish and add 1/2 cup water. Cover very tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake an additional 60 minutes.
4. Heat broiler. Set rack 6 inches from heat source. Brush ribs generously with some of the rib sauce. Broil 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once.
5. Serve with remaining rib sauce on the side.Texas Rib Sauce
6. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add tomato paste, broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, chipotle and adobo sauce. Whisk until smooth.
7. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce will reduce to about 1 1/2 cups.