Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs on high or LOW for 8 hours Cook 1 min
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 bottom round pot roast (about 4 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pkg (12 oz) whole-grain noodles, cooked per pkg directions
1. Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrot. Season pot roast with salt, thyme and black pepper; place on top of vegetables.
3. Combine broth, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce; pour over roast. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. Remove roast and cut in half. Cool half, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for Curried Beef on Tuesday.
5. Strain liquid into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch with 3 tbsp water and stir into liquid. Cook, stirring continuously until thickened, about 1 minute. Cool half and refrigerate for Curried Beef.
6. Serve remaining pot roast and gravy with cooked noodles and, if desired, Red Cabbage and Apples (recipe below).
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 498, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 138, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 41, sodium (mg): 564, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.