Servings: 16 Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 45 mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10-cup wreath-shaped pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, blend flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, salt and cloves.
3. In large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugars, molasses and vanilla; beat 1 minute. Beat in eggs, one at a time. On low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, ending with flour. Spoon into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 25 minutes. Invert onto wire rack and cool completely. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 264, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 63, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 154, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.