1. Line the bottom and 2 long sides of a 9-1/4 x 5-1/4 x 3-inch nonstick loaf pan with a piece of waxed paper, allowing a 1-inch overhang on both sides. Tape waxed paper to sides. Standing ladyfingers on end, line the sides and ends of the pan with the flat side facing in. There should be about 8 ladyfingers on each side and 3 on each end with no gaps. Set aside.
2. Strain the pineapple, reserving juice. Pour pineapple into a large bowl. Pour 1/2 cup of the juice into a 1-cup glass measure. Pour remaining juice into the bowl with the pineapple and refrigerate. Sprinkle gelatin over the 1/2 cup juice and let soften 5 minutes. Stir. Microwave on high for 15 to 20 seconds to dissolve gelatin. Stir to dissolve completely.
3. Stir jam into pineapple. Add cream of coconut and gelatin mixture to pineapple, stirring to combine. Refrigerate, stirring several times, for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture mounds. (If pineapple and cream of coconut have not been prechilled, mixture will take longer to mound.)
4. In large bowl, beat 1-1/4 cups of the heavy cream with 4 tablespoons of the confectioners sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into pineapple mixture. Carefully pour into center of prepared pan, spreading top evenly. Mixture should just reach tops of ladyfingers. Gently tap pan once or twice on counter to remove air pockets. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours or until firm.
5. To serve, remove plastic, turn upside down onto serving platter. Carefully remove wax paper. In medium-size bowl, beat remaining 1/2 cup cream and remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread on top. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
6. Makes 10 servings.