1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Whisk yolks and sugar in bowl.
3. Beat whites and salt in second large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
4. Melt butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet with ovenproof handle (wrap handle in foil if not ovenproof). Spread egg mixture into skillet. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until mixture is set on bottom.
5. Bake in 375 degree F oven 5 minutes, until puffed. Dust with confectioners sugar. Serve immediately with pie filling. Garnish with rind, if desired. Makes 6 servings.