If you're looking for a Thanksgiving dessert that travels well, try this sweet potato cheesecake baked in a rectangular pan. The spiced filling is topped with a yummy white chocolate layer and crunchy granola.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.Crust:
2. Beat cake mix, butter and egg in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. With floured fingers, press evenly into bottom of prepared pan; set aside.Filling:
3. Blend sweet potatoes, cream cheese, egg, 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a food processor until smooth. Spread evenly over crust.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 34 to 36 minutes or until just set.
5. While cheesecake is baking, combine sour cream, chocolate chips, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Spread over hot cheesecake and return to oven. Bake at 350 degrees F for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and gently spread slightly melted chips over cake. Cool completely.Topping:
6. Combine granola and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Sprinkle over cheesecake and gently press into filling. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours, or until chilled. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired.