This quick-to-fix classic dessert starts with biscuit mix- you will have it ready in less than 30 minutes.
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees . Stir strawberries and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
2. In a second small bowl, combine lemon peel and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and stir until blended; set aside.
3. In large bowl, stir together biscuit mix and 2/3 cup of the milk until a soft dough forms. Turn out onto a well-floured surface. Roll into an 18 x 8-inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon milk, then sprinkle with lemon-sugar mixture. Roll up, starting at a short end. Cut into 8 slices, each about 1 inch thick.
4. Place slices on baking sheet, reshaping to flatten slightly. Bake at 450 degrees for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden.
5. While biscuits cool, beat heavy cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium-size bowl until stiff peaks form.
6. Split biscuits in half horizontally. For each serving, place one biscuit bottom on plate and spoon a scant 1/4 cup strawberries over top; dollop 2 tablespoons whipped cream over strawberry slices. Cover with biscuit top and finish with a little more whipped cream and strawberries.