1. Coat a 9-cup glass Pyrex bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Line with plastic wrap. Set aside. Process strawberries in food processor with 1/4 cup of the sugar until smooth. Set aside.
2. In top of double boiler over simmering water, whisk together egg yolks, eggs and remaining sugar until smooth. Whisk in wine and continue to whisk until 160 degrees F and mixture has the consistency of honey.
3. Place top of double boiler in ice bath; whisk until cool. Stir in strawberry puree. Split mixture between 2 bowls. Tint mixture in one bowl a deep red with the food coloring.
4. Beat cream in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold half of the cream into the untinted mixture and half into the red-tinted mixture. Pour the red-tinted mixture into the prepared Pyrex bowl. Stir in the untinted mixture and swirl. Cover and freeze overnight.
5. To serve, allow bombe to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Gently lift plastic wrap up to loosen bombe. Invert onto serving platter and remove bowl. Peel off plastic and smooth surface with spatula, if desired. Place berries around base of bombe; garnish with mint. Makes 12 servings.