1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Unfold thawed pastry on floured surface. Cut lengthwise into three 3-inch-wide strips. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake in 400 degree F oven for 15 to 17 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool pastry on wire rack.
4. Stir together sugar, flour, gelatin and salt in medium-size saucepan. Whisk together milk and egg yolks in bowl. Stir milk mixture into sugar mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes; do not boil or the custard will curdle. Remove saucepan from heat.
5. Stir vanilla and coconut extracts into milk mixture. Spoon coconut mixture into small bowl. Place into larger bowl filled halfway with ice and water. Cover and refrigerate until mixture is chilled and set, about 15 minutes. Remove from larger bowl. Fold in whipped cream until blended.To assemble:
6. Split pastries in half horizontally, as you would an English muffin. Sprinkle two of the top layers with confectioners sugar; set aside. Spread each remaining layer with melted chocolate, 1/2 cup coconut mixture, 1/4 cup of the strawberries and one-quarter of banana slices.
7. Stack one prepared pastry on top of a second prepared pastry. Top with a confectioners sugar-dusted layer, making a three-layered Napoleon. Repeat with remaining 3 layers for a second Napoleon.
8. At serving time, with a serrated knife, gently cut each Napoleon crosswise into fourths, using a sawing motion, for a total of 8 servings. Garnish each serving with strawberries and fresh mint sprigs. Makes 8 servings.