Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Chill 1 hr
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup red port wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 quart strawberries (about 6-1/2 cups), washed and hulled
- Cookies or ladyfingers, for dipping (optional)
1. Combine red wine, port wine, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small saucepan until blended. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Cool slightly.
2. Cut strawberries in half if large. Place in large serving bowl. Pour wine mixture over strawberries. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with ladyfingers or cookies if you wish. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 259, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 52, carb. (g): 46, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 367, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.