Servings: 10 Prep 15 mins Chill 30 mins Cook 8 mins Stand 30 mins
Maple Cream (recipe follows)
- Maple Cream (recipe follows)
- 2 tart cooking apples, such as Granny Smith
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1/2 cup apple cider OR: water
- 1/3 cup dark raisins OR: dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup red-currant jelly OR: apple jelly
- 1 package 9-inch crepes (10 crepes)
1. Prepare Maple Cream. Prepare Filling:
2. Peel, core and chop apples into 1/4-inch dice. Toss with lemon juice in skillet. Add cider, raisins, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Lower heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, until apples are just tender. Stir in jelly; cook 5 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
3. For each serving, place crepe on dessert plate. Spread 3 tablespoons filling over one-half of each crepe; fold crepe over. Spoon 1-1/2 tablespoons cream over each. Makes 10 servings.
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1 percent)cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Puree cottage cheese and yogurt in food processor or blender 2 minutes or until very smooth. Stir in maple syrup. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 147, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): 6, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 32, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 115, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.