These red and white holiday cookies are made by adding crushed cinnamon candies to half of the dough. They tint the dough pink and add a burst of great cinnamon flavor.
1. In large bowl, beat butter 30 seconds. Add confectioners sugar and salt; on medium speed, beat until light, 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. On low speed, beat in flour. Divide in half.
2. Blend candies in electric blender until pulverized. Work candies into half of dough. Wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Roll 1 level tablespoon of each color of dough into 8-inch-long rope. Twist ropes together. Cut twist in half; place on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven 12 to 15 minutes or until just lightly golden. With spatula, remove to rack; cool. Makes about 4-1/2 dozen.