Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins to 20 mins Bake 425°F 20 mins Bake 350°F 10 mins to 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 pounds cooking apples such as Golden Delicious, peeled, cored and thinly sliced into wedges
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in large ovenproof skillet. Add apples, 2 tablespoons sugar; cook, stirring, 15 to 20 minutes, until apples are tender and liquid has evaporated. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Remove from heat.
3. Beat together milk, eggs, egg whites, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and salt in bowl. Gradually whisk in flour until well blended and smooth. Pour batter over hot apples.
4. Bake in 425 degree F oven 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F; bake 10 to 15 minutes, until puffed and browned. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut into wedges. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 251, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 82, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 44, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 149, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.