Makes: 12 servings at 64o each. Prep Time: 15 minutes. Refrigerate: about 2 hours . Bake: at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cook: 10 to 15 minutes.
1. Mix flour, nuts, sugar, rind, if using, and salt in medium-size bowl. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is consistency of peas. Stir in yolk until dough begins to come together. Shape into ball; wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 20 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Select a 14 x 4 x 1 1/4-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom. Roll out dough to 15 x 5-inch rectangle for rectangular pan, or 10-inch circle for round pan. Fit dough into pan. Prick bottom and sides of dough with a fork.
3. Bake in 400 degree F oven 20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.Pastry Cream:
4. Bring milk and 3 tablespoons sugar in saucepan to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Whisk yolks, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in small bowl until lemon-colored and smooth. Whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in a little of hot milk mixture. Whisk yolk mixture into milk mixture in saucepan. Bring to boiling, whisking; simmer 2 minutes until thickened, whisking. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla (photo 3). Strain through sieve over small bowl. Cover pastry cream surface directly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until chilled, 2 hours.Topping:
5. Cut pineapple into thin slices. Spoon pastry cream into tart shell, spreading to edges. Top with pineapple and berries. Serve immediately.