This coconut and pineapple dessert recipe is easy to serve when entertaining. If you use tall parfait glasses, provide long iced tea spoons so guests can scoop up all the delicious bits.
1. In medium-size saucepan, stir together the marshmallows and 3/4 cup of the heavy cream; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the marshmallows are completely melted and blended, about 15 minutes.
2. Scrape marshmallow mixture into large bowl. Place bowl in ice water bath. Let cool until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium-size bowl, beat remaining 3/4 cup heavy cream until soft peaks form.
4. Fold the drained crushed pineapple and the 1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut into marshmallow mixture. Gently fold in whipped cream.
5. With a knife or in food processor, chop cookies into coarse crumbs.Assemble:
6. Into each of 8 parfait glasses or dessert glasses, spoon 1 tablespoon crumbs. Layer each with 1/3 cup marshmallow mixture, 1 tablespoon crumbs and 1/3 cup marshmallow mixture. Cover glasses with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
7. In small dry skillet, toast remaining 2 tablespoons coconut over medium-high heat until golden and crisped, 2 minutes. Remove plastic wrap from parfait glasses. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve chilled.